Sunday, July 19, 2009

Experiences in Antalya

Hi everbody,
I had a very good time in my last days in Antalya. I did the Alanya Tour which lasted 12 hours and was very interesting. They showed us worthseeing places, like Perge, the ancient city which has a hellenistic theatre, ruins that remain on streets, shops, baths and gates. We also visited Aspendos Theatre and had a lunch break near beautiful waterfalls. In Alanya we went to the museum, some caves and a castle. Finally we went to Side which also has historical places. At first I was a bit worried about the tour, the guide and all the other people spoke only Turkish. Later it turned out, that one of them was a retired German teacher. So I was very glad to have someone who translated and helped me. The other days I went swimming and shopping. At the hotel I met other English teachers who did a seminar there.
In my last night there was a fire in the hotel. I heard noises and a man knocked at my door telling me that I have to go out quickly. With few personal belongings I ran out and saw fire fighters. The fire was on the second floor. Fortunately the fire fighters could extinguish the fire soon and we went back to our rooms. I still had smoke and smell in my room, so I spend the rest of the night near the swimming pool trying to get some sleep. As I was told the fire was caused from electric wires. However we all knew, in what the conditions in the hotel was and I wondered that there wasn't a fire alarm. at all. Although this was a bit disappointing, I really enjoyed it and will come back to Turkey for sure.
Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment